Chicken Liver Paté
Servings 4 people
- 250 g Manor Farm chicken liver
- 140 g Butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp brandy
- Brown bread to serve
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for 3 - 4 minutes until soft and transparent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Check the chicken livers and remove any discoloured parts using a pair of scissors.
- Add the livers to the frying pan and cook over quite a high heat for 5 – 6 minutes until they are brown in colour and fully cooked.
- Season well with salt and pepper and add the mustard and brandy.
- Process the pate in a blender until smooth. Add the remaining butter cut into small pieces and process again until creamy.
- Press the paté into a serving dish or 4 small ramekins, smooth the surface and cover and leave in fridge until set and ready to use.
- Serve with brown bread and some redcurrant jelly.