Chicken Mince Chilli
Servings 4 people
- 2 400g Packs of Manor Farm Chicken Mince
- Half an onion diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400 g Tin of kidney beans
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Siracha sauce
- 400 g Basmati rice
- Coriander leaves
- A few spoonfuls of guacamole & yoghurt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat, add the chopped veg, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 5-6 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the mince and cook through constantly stirring and breaking it up with a wooden spoon. This takes up to 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and add and kidney beans, tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and siracha sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for 35 minutes, or until slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up with fluffy rice or couscous, a piece of crusty bread, or over a jacket potato, with some yoghurt, guacamole, and wedges of lime on the side for squeezing over. Sprinkle over the coriander, and some fresh chilli, if you like, then tuck in.