Baked Peppers with Chicken Mince
Servings 4 people
- 400 grams Manor Farm chicken mince
- 100 g Panko breadcrumbs
- 105 g Grated cheddar cheese, divided 35g & 70g
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 Tsp. dried leaves
- 2 tsp White flour
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan / 220°C / Gas 6.
- Fry off the chicken mince in a little oil until fully cooked, drain, and set aside.
- n a bowl combine the panko, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 35g of the shredded cheese, plus olives.
- Use your fingers to rub the crumbs and cheese together until the bits of cheese are about the size of the larger crumbs. Set aside.
- Brush the outsides of the peppers lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Arrange them on a baking tray and fill each half of pepper with approximately 3tbsp of the chicken filling and then top each with about 1 tablespoon of the crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken mix is heated through thoroughly and the crumb on top is golden brown.