Chicken a la King
Servings 4 people
- 1 Manor Farm chicken cooked, skinned, deboned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbs Butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 75 ml Chicken stock
- 100 ml Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- Melt the butter and sauté onion, green peppers, and garlic. Add mushrooms and fry until tender.
- Stir in the flour to form a roux/paste and add the chicken stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring until sauce thickens. Add the cooked chicken and seasoning and sherry. Heat through before serving. Chicken a la king can be served with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.