Chicken and Chorizo Ragu
Servings 4 people
- 600 g Manor Farm chicken thighs
- 120 g Cooking chorizo, chopped
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp Hot smoked paprika
- 80 g Sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml Chicken stock
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Fry the chorizo over 200 degrees Celcius in a large saucepan for 5 mins or until it releases its oil and starts to char at the edges. Add the onion and fry for 5 mins more or until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 mins before stirring in the paprika and sundried tomatoes. Add the chicken thighs and fry for 2 mins each side until they are well coated in the spices and beginning to brown.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for 40 mins until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick. Stir the lemon juice through.
- Top with fresh parsley when serving.