Chicken and corn filo parcels
Servings 4 people
- 400 g Manor Farm chicken mince
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 70 g Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Onions, sliced
- 1 tin Corn kernels, drained
- 60 g Butter, melted, cooled
- 10 sheets Filo pastery
- 2 tsp Semase seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 1 min until soft.
- Add chicken mince and herbs. Break up the chicken mince with a wooden spoon and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add corn, cream, water and flour. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer chicken and corn mixture to a large heatproof bowl and cool.
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and brush with butter.
- Fold into thirds to make a rectangle and place approx. 2-3 tbsp of chicken corn mixture into the centre.
- Pull all covers into the middle so that they meet and pinch to secure.
- Brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining mixture
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- Stand for 1 minute, serve & enjoy.