Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni
Servings 4 people
- 400 g Manor Farm chicken mince
- 2 bunches Bunches of spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 200 g Fresh ricotta cheese
- 60 g Butter
- 30 g Plain flour
- 450 ml Milk
- 375 g lasagne sheets
- 475 ml Pasta sauce
- Salt to season
- Remove the spinach leaves from the stalks and wash them. Place them in a large heatproof bowl and cover this with boiling water. Allow this to stand for 1 minute, then drain and chop. Place it back into the bowl.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken mince and cook for another 5 minutes whilst stirring to break up the mince.
- Add the ricotta, salt, pepper and the spinach to the mixture and mix together well.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Slowly add the milk and stir until it is smooth. Return to the heat and cook for another 10 minutes or until this comes to the boil. Continue to stir.
- Cut the pasta sheets in half and place 30g of the chicken filling along 1 edge, roll this up. Place this into a greased baking dish and repeat this process for the 7 remaining pieces of pasta and filling. Pour the pasta sauce evenly over the cannelloni and top with the white sauce.
- Bake this in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.