Chicken Mince & Bacon Tacos
Servings 4 people
- 400 g Manor Farm chicken mince
- 50 g Smoked bacon cut into lardons
- 2 Sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Mild chili powder
- olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Piece of freshly grated ginger
- Zest of half a lemon
For the salsa
- 1 Red onion diced
- 2 Large tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- Zest and juice of one lime
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Chopped coriander
- 6-8 Taco shells
- Grated cheddar
- Coriander leaves
- Cook the bacon firstly in a dry pan until crispy and golden. In the bacon fat fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 2 mins. Now add the rosemary and chicken mince and cook for 10-12 minutes until crispy and golden constantly breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Now add all the spices and cook for 30-60 second. Finally finish with the zest and juice of 1 lemon and season to taste.
- For the salsa just mix everything in a bowl and season to taste.
- Now build up your tacos with a good grating of cheese and enjoy.