Chicken Mince Cakes
Servings 4 people
- 400 g Manor Farm chicken mince
- 600 g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 bag Frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 100q g Feta cheese
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Courgette
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 135 g Breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius, line an oven tray with baking paper and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook the potatoes in the pot of boiling water for 13–15 minutes. Add in the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain the water, return veggies to pot, add butter and milk and roughly mash. Crumble over the feta cheese and gently fold to combine. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- To make the pattie mixture grate the carrot and courgette. Place the courgette in a paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Using clean hands, mix carrot and courgette in a large bowl with mince, salt, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and breadcrumbs until well combined. Season with pepper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the pattie mixture and shape them into 2cm thick patties. Over a medium heat, heat some oil in a frying pan. In batches, cook the patties for 1-2 minutes on each side. Once all the patties are cooked, place them on the baking tray and bake for 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked.