Spaghetti Bolognese with Chicken Mince
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 people
- Wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 g pack of Manor Farm Chicken Mince
- 4 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 250 ml Chicken stock (boiled water and 1 stock cube)
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the vegetables and garlic for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add chicken mince and fry over a medium-high heat, breaking up the mince as you go. Season with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Cook the chicken mince for 10-12 mins until cooked through.
- Add the tomato purée, ketchup and tinned tomatoes to the mince then stir in the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken mince sauce is thick.
- Add fresh basil and serve with parmesan and wholewheat spaghetti, cooked according to the packet instructions.