Thai, Lime & Coconut Chicken
Servings 4 people
- 4 Manor Farm boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, butterflied
- 2 Lemon grass stalks
- 3 Fresh green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Spring onions, chopped
- 0.5 tsp Ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp Ground white pepper
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 Grated zest 1 lime
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 120 ml Coconut milk
- Salt, black pepper
- Butterfly the chicken breasts; with one hand on the breast half to hold it in place, slice through the middle horizontally to cut almost in half. Open out flat.
- Remove and discard the tough outer skin from the lemon grass stalks and roughly chop. Put lemon grass, chillies, garlic, scallion, cumin, pepper, turmeric, ground coriander, lime zest, lime juice, ginger, fish sauce and coconut milk in food processor or blender; pulse until smooth.
- In a bowl, toss chicken with lemon grass mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill over medium-hot coals until the chicken is cooked, with no trace of pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.