Traditional Chicken Casserole
Servings 4 people
- 4 Manor Farm Part bone breasts (remove the skin)
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ pints chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat; quickly brown the chicken breasts on all sides, about 30 seconds per side.
- Remove the browned chicken from the pot and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped onion to the oil and cook it until it starts to soften. Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well until it has soaked up the oil and juices.
- Put the onion and garlic into a casserole dish and add the chicken. Then add the chopped carrot, celery, bay leaf, thyme and one sprig of parsley. Add the chicken stock and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and place the casserole dish in a hot oven 200°C /400°F / Gas 6 for approximately 1 hour. Check the juices run clear.
- Season to taste & sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with brown rice or baby boiled potatoes.